Friday, September 3, 2010

obsessive consumption.


I have a shopping journal! Please do not mind the terrible title page. If you can't read the small print, this shopping journal is inspired by "Obsessive Consumption". It's an adorable book by Kate Bingaman-Burt of quirky drawings of all her purchases. Since February 2006, Kate has been drawing one item she purchased every day. The item that she purchased that day, that is. She continues to post her drawings on her blog.



I've never been so good at filling up my sketchbook so I figure this would be an excellent way keep the drawings comin'. Although, I'm not going to be buying something everyday. That's ridiculous (and ideal!). But I will draw most of my purchases, just not the ones that I eat within the hour. So just the ones that make it home? Anyway, here's a few snapshots of some of the things I've drawn lately.



Until next time!


No comments: