Monday, December 17, 2012

Drake Holiday Warehouse Sale



On the same Saturday I visited the Drake General Store, I hopped over a few blocks to their holiday warehouse sale on Dufferin. Although I didn't purchase anything, it was worth the stopover. I have to admit that the location was terribly questionable at first, entering to dimly lit, concrete wall hallways. But after you pass some dodgy areas you'll come up to an inviting door with the Drake logo propped up next to it.

Besides the Drake General Store's regular merch, the warehouse sale had unique salvaged furniture and vintage/retro knick knacks. Some are functional and some are just decorative but all awesome, nonetheless.

The Beatles (not so) White Album, $10! I already have a clean one though, haha.

There were a couple of vintage mini tin amusement park rides; a roller coaster and a ferris wheel. They're still working but a little worse for wear. I was afraid I'd break it by every squeak and creak it made.


If only I had a place to put all these fun things, I'd fill an apartment with these sale pieces. It'd be beautiful to mix rustic and vintage in a modern loft.

I believe the Drake General Store has seasonal warehouse sales, so I'll absolutely be back again. And if I'm lucky I'll have a second chance at some of the things I saw this time around!

No comments: