Monday, April 2, 2012

electric circus: for the love of neon


"Neon love is on the rise; but neon light production is in decline. This show celebrates all things neon and sheds light on a dying art (pun intended). Featuring work by Ginette Lapalme, Brianna Lowe, Alexandra Mackenzie, Kayley McKean, Monique Medeiros, Alicia Nauta, Rajni Perera, Vivian Rosas, Orest Tataryn and Christine teBogt. Organized by Caroline Macfarlane and Vanessa Nicholas."

Currently exhibiting at the OCAD student gallery is Electric Circus: For the Love of Neon. I had a little waiting time between classes so I decided to get some photos of my picks of art around campus. This might be my favourite show yet! I've fallen in love with the geometric prints, colourful illustrations and neon lights. Sprinkled throughout the gallery were little neon army men that tied together the space. The show continues until April 15th so I highly recommend stopping by if you're in the area and check-out OCAD's in-house talent.

No comments: