Wednesday, January 4, 2012

boxing week haul



In the past few years I've created a tradition of going boxing day shopping. I awaken at 7AM after three hours of precious sleep from Christmas day partying, drag myself to the busiest mall in Toronto, and go elbow-to-elbow in a sea of people for a sale. I'm beginning to realize I may not have to put myself through so much trouble anymore though since most sales carry out for the entire week. In fact, most of what I've snagged were from days past boxing day. Anyhow, I'm here to show you some of the deals I snapped up!

The first were these pair of Wilfred drapey lyocell pants in the colour tourbe. I actually didn't have these pants in mind too much before. However, Christmas day I discovered I had ruined one of my few and favourite pairs of pants by sitting in what looks like black ink. They were completely unsalvageable and therefore, new pants were now priority. I bought these pants for about 30% the original price, which I find pretty reasonable for Aritzia. A little tip though, Aritzia's winter sale actually starts on Christmas eve and everything stays marked down for as long as everything is in stock. I've learned that their sale isn't any different on boxing day, so if you want to skip the crowd I suggest going on any other day throughout the holidays.
The next two things I picked up were essie nail polish from Trade Secrets. They, too, were having a winter sale (not a boxing day sale) and offering a buy one, get one half off sale for their essie nail polish. The colours I chose were Steel-ing the scene and Cocktail Bling.
Something else I was happy to find were these Dolce Vita Monz boots from Little Burgundy. They were marked down and also given an additional 30% off at the cash. I had to order in my size to the store but I was more than happy to wait, plus shipping is free when you order through the store! They came within four days, shipped from Calgary.


My last and most lavish purchase was this Wilfred Marquis jacket in the colour marais. I was already planning to buy it at the original price because I've needed a new fall/spring jacket. For their winter sale, it's been marked down to around 40% off. It was a little hard to find but I'm really glad I was able to.


What I really love about this jacket is that it's quilted, and therefore incredibly comfortable, but also the subtle details. It has great sewing details around the elbows and shoulders, a cinched waist, and when you open it up, it's lined with this unique leopard print that peeks out if you roll up the sleeves. I'm absolutely in love with it and I can't wait until winter passes so I can wear it.


Besides the things were, I also purchased an XBOX and a few games to go with it on boxing day. I'm really pleased with what I've found this year. They were collectively paid for in Christmas money and giftcards. I'm still eyeing a few things here and there, like a blouse or a hat. I may do one last look-around before I have to get back into "school mode" and won't have much time to shop for a few months. I'm basking in these last few days of a vacation I have. Hope everyone is having or has had a great holiday!

2 comments:

Michelle's Style File said...

Great jacket!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
GIVEAWAY

Bad Joan said...

Love the nail polish colors!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

GIVEAWAY GOING ON NOW!