Saturday, May 26, 2012

budding lushie



Warning: Girly, beauty-type post ahead!


After a quite an eventful school year I've really been wanting to do a little damage control and give my stressed skin some TLC. I had already singled-out LUSH as good company to support because they create fresh, organic, handmade products while remaining ethical, "green", and cruelty-free. But before heading down to there without having a clue what to look for, I did research on the effectiveness of products I was interested in using.


Originally all I wanted was a lip scrub so that is what I started with. I wanted something that I could use to exfoliate my lips to create a smooth application for lipsticks. LUSH's "sweet lips" is perfect. Made of sugar, it melts before it can do any harm and it tastes delicious too! It's actually meant to lick right of your lips when you're done, this particular flavour tastes like chocolate and vanilla.




Next I picked up two products that I pair together, the first being the Buffy bar. It has ground almonds and other exfoliants that really give your skin a good scrub but at the same time it is a body butter. You can feel the softness in your skin immediately after — literally buttery!




As if the body butter isn't moisturizing enough, I use Sympathy for the Skin as an all-over body lotion which comes in this adorable tub.


I've been using these few products over the past two months and I swear by them now. If you're looking for summer smoothness, I recommend both the Buffy bar and Sympathy for the Skin lotion. Your skin will thank you!

Everytime I go back to LUSH I pick up a new sample and when I eventually finish it up I ponder purchasing the full product. Next up on the plate is the Cupcake Face Mask which you'll see above. It looks just like cupcake batter and smells like chocolate! I'll be giving this product a whirl tonight and perhaps in another month or so you'll see it here in what might be a second post in this "LUSH haul" installment.

No comments: