Monday, May 14, 2012

mothers at mildred's


Another blog post via Instagram! It wasn't planned this way though. As you all know, yesterday was Mother's day and with the tradition of going to brunch, me and my folks did just that. We took a trip down to Liberty Village to eat at Mildred's Temple Kitchen before doing some shopping. I'd never been there before but boy was it beautiful! Unfortunately, my camera battery conked out while we were waiting for our table so I reverted to my trusty camera phone to capture all the goodness.

Mildred's had a special set menu for Mother's day and started off with their homemade current scones. They were dangerously delicious as I was trying not to fill up before the main course. It was awfully smart of us to cut ourselves off and pack them to-go because they ended up being part of my breakfast this morning. For the main course there were three choices and I went for "Veda's choice" which consists of poached eggs on a flaky croissant with a choice of smoked salmon or rosemary bacon, topped with BĂ©arnaise sauce. I decided on the salmon while my mum went for the bacon so that we could split our croissants and try each. Both were equally delicious! The breakfast also came accompanied by a mixed greens salad and a choice of orange or grapefruit juice — really refreshing! And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, our server brought over a complimentary apple pie on behalf of Mother's day for us to take home. It's safe to say that I was thoroughly impressed by Mildred's, what with the modern design and decor, outstanding food, friendly and charming waitstaff, and awesome playlist (they played Fat-Bottomed Girls twice!). There's also the added bonus of being able to watch Looney Tunes across their projection screen while you wait to be seated.

I highly, highly recommend Mildred's Temple Kitchen! Not too shabby of a location either. Located in the lovely Liberty Village right across from West Elm (which you'll see some pictures of above). I will most definitely be back at Mildred's this summer, with a charged camera no less!

1 comment:

Mildred Pierce said...

Wowza! Thanks for the kind words- always our aim to exceed guests' expectations. Enjoy that pie- baked by our own "mama" and executive chef Donna Dooher. Cheers! - Mildred