Wednesday, May 9, 2012

polaroid


I'm very excited to premiere to you guys my newly acquired polaroid camera! An uncle of mine is moving homes very soon and upon cleaning out his basement he came across this gem which he thought I'd be interested in. If you're keeping count this is my second vintage camera passed down from an uncle, haha.

But alas, I am now on the hunt for polaroid film compatible with 600 cameras. I've been searching the web for any cheap and locally available film but have come out unlucky. It seems I'll have to go for the Impossible Project's film, in full stock at my nearest Urban Outfitters but a whopping $28 a pop — and only for 8 photos, yikes! I am happy to support the Impossible Project though and what they're doing to revive analog instant photography. Perhaps in time they'll be able to sell their films for much less. Until then I think I will spare a little extra cash to be able to test my new baby out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the photos! Did you take it with a DSLR? Because they look exceptionally sharp and have a nice depth of field to them :) Oh and post them on Flickr! I'll be favoriting them all. Can't wait to have our little polaroid adventure!

Amanda said...

These were taken with my regular ol' point-and-shoot! Haven't been able to get my hands on a DSLR since school ended, unfortunately. But I still know how to manipulate this camera haha.