Tuesday, January 29, 2013

City of Craft 2012


This past month was my first visit to the City of Craft event, and boy have I been missing out! For those of you who have never heard, City of Craft is an annual craft sale featuring local vendors. It's all entailing of printmakers, jewellery designers, illustrators, graphic designers, knitters, crocheters, and sewing extraordinaires. Whittled down from 200+ pictures, here is City of Craft 2012:

The event was split into three close venues and I started off at 1093 Queen.

Hyperbolic Coral Reef Project
Paper Pusher Printworks Table
Morico

City of Craft was just before Christmas and ideal for Christmas shopping, which meant limiting purchases for myself. I left the first location with just three things: a pom pom garland from Emily Taylor, a neon diamond print from Emily Taylor as well, and a rabbit tote from Morico as Christmas gift to Hazel


Next I head to The Theatre Centre at 1087 Queen, my favourite of the venues.

Old Weston
Rare Specimens
Falconwright
Maudstitch
Pidpenky

I left City of Craft regretting not having bought every single thing I liked. Since it's a two-day event, it's  probably best to grab everything and anything while you're there because you may not get the chance later (my new rule for the next City of Craft).


City of Craft
$2 admission

No comments: