Sunday, July 24, 2011

changes

Cue David Bowie, I've changed my blog. It's been almost a year with this blog and I've got around to not only customizing the layout a bit but the name as well. I've had ideas bouncing around in my head for a while but only now have I had the time to act on some of these things. Like for instance, this morning I whipped up an 'About' page, which you can access on the right sidebar under 'Home'. There you will find a little bit about me and also an explanation of the blog itself. I suppose you are wondering about the change in my blog name so I'll go ahead and borrow a little something I wrote on the 'About' page:

and

–conjunction

1.
(used to connect grammatically coordinate words,
phrases, or clauses) along or together with; as well as; in addition to;
besides; also; moreover: pens and pencils.
2.
added to; plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
3.
then: He read for an hour and went to bed.

The word "and" is a conjunction, a connecting word. It implies an
addition or a continuation. The reason I chose my blog to be named "and" or
simply "&" is to indicate that there will be more. There will always be more
adventures, more stories — more to write about. I see this blog as an on-going
thing and I don't intend to stop blogging any time soon. Maybe an occasional
break or lull, but there will always be an 'and'.



I'm sure you can already see the changes but for good measure, here's the new layout.

Also, I'm sure no one understands my silly references but if you care to know what I was talking about, this is "Changes" by David Bowie.


No comments: