Thursday, March 22, 2012

the black keys & arctic monkeys: pre-concert


Last wednesday I was incredibly lucky to see two of my favourite bands live in one night, The Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys! A two for one concert if you will. In anticipation of the concert and with a fondness for the Thorowgood Sans Shaded font, I ordered this Black Keys tee through their merch store online. And as I approached the stadium with a skip in my step, feeling like a special little snowflake, I started to spot more and more people in the same top. I'm not sure why I thought I would be one of few to have it; they were being sold there. So although I was crushed by the fact, I was pleased to find that the t-shirts were the same price as I had purchased mine. My one lasting gripe is that I didn't have an Arctic Monkeys tee to sport for the first half.



Before the concert I had dinner at Fran's. Known as "the restaurant that never closes", they are open 24/7, 365 days a year and on holidays. We ordered the fettucine alfredo, burger sliders and a side of sweet potato fries— true comfort food.




More pictures in a "part two" post to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I'd like to know which size did you take for the t shirt please ?
:)

Amanda said...

Hi there! I took an XS in men's.