Wednesday, February 2, 2011

nail laquer

Today most schools are closed due to the snow so I thought I'd squeeze in another post. Two weeks ago I finally got my hands on some of the new Katy Perry OPI colours. I've got a little soft spot for shimmer and glitter in nail polish, which you'll notice below.
This first one is called 'Teenage Dream' and the only one I intended getting. It's a great glittery pink though tough to remove; glitter is always hard to get off your nails.
For the next few, I bought these adorable miniature bottles of nail polish. They were sitting at the counter in a little sale basket and there happened to be bottles of Katy Perry colours in it. Since I wasn't sure if I liked these colours, a sample bottle was perfect. This is 'Last Friday Night'. It's colour is actually a little deceiving. It turns out as a very light, translucent blue on nails. Again, more glitter.
I ended up liking this colour a lot more than I thought I would. Most of the time it's a glossy grey but at times it has hints of purple and sometimes even green. You can see five colours in the bottle right there in the photo. It's a great iridescent polish with a bit of shimmer to it. The name of this one is 'Not Like the Movies'. It has a very celestial look.
Finally, I got a small bottle of top coat. I'm not quite sure why I chose this terrible photo. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Oh well, this is just top coat. You get the gist.
I felt a little odd spending $25 on nail polish. It seems a little silly thinking back on it but I was really pleased with the colours I bought. I think my nail polish splurging is at rest for now.