Sunday, March 27, 2011

honey, I'm home!


After fifteen grueling, wonderful, tiresome, exciting, and lovable days, I'm back! It feels good to be home though I miss it so much there. The last two weeks have been the most amazing two weeks I have ever experienced. It's one thing to go to Europe but to go to Europe as a band on tour is something completely different. It's almost indescribable how much fun we had and to tell you all this without sounding too frantically excited would be hard but I'll try my best to make sense of it all. I'm having trouble just giving an introduction right now so I think I'll get right to the post. Without further ado, this is day one and two of our Europe tour!


Day 1 & 2


On Saturday, March 12, we boarded our plane to Munich, Germany. It was hard to sleep through the eight hours without being extremely jittery and not to mention uncomfortable. The selection of movies and enjoyment of the miniature size of plane food got me through it. The view from my window was beautiful!

Landing in Munich!

The first thing I ate in Germany was a zebra doughnut at the hotel but boy was it a good doughnut. We stayed in the small town of Nordlingen. Our hotel was the most darling and homey, little place. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of the room but you can see most views of the hotel here. My room was like a little loft with it's small upstairs area. Immediately after checking in, we went on a walking tour of the town.


I bought these shoes half an hour before arriving to the airport because I'm amazing at shopping. I ended up wearing them the entire trip.


The coolest toddlers ride their pretend cars on the streets.

Many people in Europe have the cutest dogs. It makes me a little jealous.
Strolling around before dinner, I stopped at shops here and there. I am absolutely in love with little, European towns like this.

That night we ate at Valentino's, an Italian restaurant in Nordlingen. It was when we first learned that Europeans are big on sparkling water. After this night, we always had to specify that we wanted tap water when ordering or else you would be brought the carbonated kind, which no one was really too fond of.

It was an amazing first day but there's still much to come!