Saturday, September 18, 2010

under a fig tree

It's about two weeks into school now and it hasn't exactly been a smooth ride. The first couple days are always a slow start-up but this next week I'm looking forward to! At last inner-school freedom, and if you go to my school you'd know what I mean. Secondly, premieres of my favourite shows! (House & Glee) These will be wonderful little things to look forward to after an agonizing Monday or Tuesday. Oh school, please be good to me.

On the bright side, there are things I do like about school. Like my religion & the arts course last year, for instance. I had the best time doodling up a little comic about the life of Buddha as one of my assignments. The great thing about this course is that art-driven activities replace all the spots where normal assignments would be in the regular, non-art world religions course, including the essay (boo yah). This is honestly the greatest form of studying for me. So ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you snippets of "The Life & Times of Buddha", an original (or not so original) comic by me! And may I just add that I love saying Siddhartha Gautama. Siddhartha Gautama, Siddhartha Gautama, Siddhartha Gautama. You try it!





This is Buddha reaching enlightenment under a fig tree.

He's oh so happy.

No comments: