Thursday, September 30, 2010

a sweet surprise.

A couple days ago, I received quite a wonderful gift but for no occasion whatsoever. These are the kinds of gifts I like the most. It was a little sweet surprise. This skirt has been on my wishlist for quite some time now. I first tried it on mid-summer and immediately fell in love with it.

At the time I didn't have enough money to pay for it so I decided that on my next visit downtown I would snatch it up. Five days later, I revisit Urban Outfitters with more than enough money to pay for the skirt. I scoured the area looking for the skirt but the only one to be seen was on a mannequin. Standing in front of the mannequin puzzled, I asked an employee passing by if there were anymore or if I could have the one of the mannequin. She said if there were anymore they should be there and proceeded to check the size of the skirt on the mannequin; medium. Curse my tiny body! I need an extra small.

Seeing as I was there to buy a gift card for my cousin I went to the counter and as always they ask if you've found everything you were looking for today. Seemingly unsatisfied, I answered no. After I explained to her my problem she went off to the back to make some calls and check their stock. After a while she returned baring the news that only one extra small skirt remained in Orlando, Florida and there was no way of me obtaining it. Seeing how sad I was, my buddy assured me that I would have this skirt and as promised, three months later and $13 cheaper (and then add the cost of shipping), the skirt is here. Such a sweet and wonderful gesture. Thank you so much!

And so without further ado, here is my skirt! I have a new lamp in my room from IKEA that I'm able to twist and turn. It's a nice little tool I can use as a spotlight.



peach v-neck - Aritzia, cooperative printed skirt - Urban Outffiters



I really like this out of focus shot, not sure why.

No comments: