Saturday, April 23, 2011

instructions


When asked to make a pair of pajama pants for a school project, I immediately sought out Google for help. To my surprise, I found a free printable pattern by Simplicity. At the time I thought this was utterly genius and that they should make all patterns available like this. Little did I know I would run into so many problems. I guess you could call this a tutorial but this really isn't the optimal way to go about it. I just found it hilarious and had to share it.

The first hurdle: printing the pattern. Now, patterns are quite large and to print these they were divided onto 25 seperate sheets of paper that needed to be assembled afterward. Each page didn't print right to the edge because they were made to overlap. I was then faced with the task of lining these buggers up.

What You Will Need:



  • tape


  • your pattern

  • a large window


I laid out my pieces of tape and used the window as a light table to line up my pages accurately. You should know that while I was doing this my neighbours were holding their open house. I'm pretty sure I was causing my neighbours to lose offers by being the strange girl in the window pinning papers up. Cars kept slowing down in front of my house as if I was going to spell out a word or something. Anyhow, I continued to carefully tape together each page.

Like so! Then I would move on to the next column and continue to add pages.

By the end of it, you should have a huge obstruction in your window like this. I was pretty pleased with how the pajama pants turned out. If you'd like to have a go at this, visit here for full instructions and links to the print-outs. Good luck!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool Amanda! I wanna try this, haha :)