Friday, April 15, 2011

the show must go on


Day 7


It was a good day for macaron lovers in Lucerne, Switzerland. Still in the same town, we headed out for more shopping. I stopped at Bachmann's bakery for lunch and found a plethora of Luxemburgerli mini macarons! They were adorable as well as delicious. I had to bring these back for Hazel, I wasn't sure how but I had to.

For the next few days after this the little delicate box of macarons travelled from hotel to hotel, being carefully trasported and sat on many window sills outside my hotel rooms around Europe to keep at a cool temperature. These macarons have come a long way. For Hazel I chose lemon, praline, pistachio, and caramel brûlée. You can view her selection here on her blog. For myself I chose chocolate, praline, raspberry, and caramel brûlée. They were all so heavenly but I have to say caramel brûlée the best! I've been craving them so much since I've come back.

The next stop on my little parade around town was BUTLERS, a quaint little kitchen & home store. I absolutely adore this shop!

You can see by some of these photos that they have a huge selection of quirky knick knacks for the home. It was very bright and colourful inside and they played adorable French tunes throughout the store. It was such a warm, inviting atmosphere.

Cute plates!


It's about time I start showing you some of the things I bought. From BUTLERS I bought two hand painted knobs for €5.95 each. Now I don't have a particular use for them yet but I believe I will soon! I think I'm in the early stages of hoarding. One day I will become a hoarder but not one of those filthy ones, I'll be a tasteful hoarder— a collector, if you will. Whether it be within the next year or the next ten, I'll be renovating a room and these lovely knobs I've stored away will be perfect for perhaps a vintage dresser I might be renewing. That's the plan.

Next, also from BUTLERS, I bought this fully functional mini shopping cart for €13.90. I think it'll be perfect to set on my vanity and keep a few of my little perfumes and lotions in. Classy, huh?

Lastly, I bought this Hohner mini harmonica from a music shop called Musikhug for €9.90. I've been wanting to pick up the harmonica for a few years now and what better time to buy one than in Europe on a music tour?

Later that night we travelled to Zurich for an evening concert and had a lovely dinner at Strozzi's. The food was excellent and of course, I couldn't miss another cappucino!


On this night we were put into a kind of awkward situation; no one had shown up to our concert. The hall was completely empty except for eight audience members. I suppose something went wrong and the show wasn't advertised in the city. Now this sounds completely terrible and heartbreaking but it didn't phase us. "The show must go on!", and so it did. We collectively decided that we'd play our hearts out for the guests that did show up and it proved to be one of our best sounding concerts!