Tuesday, April 5, 2011

two for one


Day 5


It was quite the turnaround we had to make from the previous night's late night concert. The next morning we were up early for another concert in Stuttgart. The rest of the day was a bit more relaxed spent at the fabulous Mercedes-Benz Museum.



The museum was filled with shiny cars and quite a bit of history too. But for a girl who's not so interested in cars, I was gawking over the impeccable architecture. The exterior of the building is just a small giveaway to it's interior. I cannot describe it any other way than 'clean'. It was filled with smooth lines, slopes, and stairs. The big windows let a great amount of light onto the crisp, clean walls. I'm in love with the building, and especially these stairs!


The day seems quite short in my memory because I don't have as many photos. My camera battery died after walking through one floor of the museum. It really irks me whenever my camera conks out, especially when I'm in Europe! Thankfully it only happened two times during the trip.


Day 6


The next day we said goodbye to Stuttgart and made our way to Lucerne, Switzerland! We arrived there around noon so we had to fend for lunch ourselves. I grabbed a pastry at this darling, little bakery in the photo below.



Our hotel!


After checking in we head out to the town for a very wet tour. Because the weather wasn't cooperating the tour was cut short and we had some free time before dinner. Of course, I ended up at another chocolate shop. These had to be the best chocolates I had on the entire trip.



After breaking for dinner we hoped for a little more shopping in the town but everything seemed to be closed. Nevertheless, we still went gallivanting on the streets and getting some lovely shots. I wish I had a better camera to capture it all. The street lights made sparkling reflections on the ground and over the lake. So gorgeous!